• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated for fraternization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Unemployed

Until recently, I worked for a large corporation as a manager. My assistant manager and I had an affair which ended when she dumped me. Though hurt I tried to maintain a professional attitude towards her, and feel I was able to do so. There was however, at times, tangible tension in the air between us which even the employees must have felt to some degree. Nine months after the affair had ended she told my supervisors who in turn confronted me explaining that this was not to be deemed an issue of sexual harrassment. In fear for my job, I denied that the affair had taken place. Two days after this denial, I was presented with an undated letter I had written immediately after the break up, stating that I wished for the relationship (at least the sexual portion) to continue. I had no choice but to acknowledge the letter was mine. At this point I was terminated for violation of the "fraternization" policy. She continues her employment. Are they liable for inappropriate termination? Should she continue to keep her job? Am I liable for any further legal action such as a civil suit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">