• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Check company's employee firing history

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nsynan

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Is there a way to check on claims against a company prior to being hired by them and getting entrapped in that company’s unreasonable termination practices? I've been recently terminated and have just found out, my position has had two different employees let go without reason prior to me being hired for the position. How can one find out this information before becoming entrapped into a company’s corrupt firing/termination practices?

Beth3

No company publishes information about their separations, involuntary or otherwise. If you had an ex-employer who fired you that did that, you'd probably be posting here and irately asking if that was an invasion of your privacy. (No.)

A lawyer or legal librarian can tell you how to research whether a company has any current or prior lawsuits against it and a Dunn & Bradstreet report will give you limited information on that although be advised that D&B gives no information on such claims and their information on this can be misleading. (For example, an employee who has filed for a Worker's Comp hearing shows up as a "lawsuit" on a D&B report whiich isn't remotely the case.)

Plus if anyone who has been terminated hasn't brought suit, it's not going to show up anywhere. Being terminated for what an individual feels is an unfair or unjust reason does not at all necessarily equate to the basis for legal action. In fact it seldom does.

The best thing I can advise you to do going forward is to do networking with friends and acquaintances to see who knows someone who works at a prospective employer and then see what they have to say about the place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">