• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My wife was rape 7 years ago. My question is;

Can any legal charges still be brought against this man?

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

why would she wait that long to even report it?? I doubt very highly this person would be convicted of the crime because there is no proof and it has been so long, other than this person coming forward and actually admitting it. as far as the statue of limitations I dont know. she should have reported it right away,then you would have had a better case

Beth3

Your wife needs to contact the public prosecutor's office in your area to tell them what happened and ask about the statute of limitations in your State.

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

to BETH3

on what basis ???? there is no evidence at all especially after all this time elapsed? and why on earth would someone wait that long?? i can understand waiting but that long????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">