• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

satisfied28

What is the name of your state? Washinton state

I was in an abusive marriage, after the third arrest of DV I decided enough was enough.

When he bailed out he threatened me to change my statement and claim he was innocent to the judge to avoid a yr in jail. At that time he said I could sell our trailer and leave him if I would help him get off on these charges. He ended up going back to jail on breaking a no contact order, I sold the trailer and signed his name on the release of interest, and moved out of the area and did not leave a change of address. Being the main witness in the DV case, charges where dropped since they couldnt get a hold of me to testify. So my husband got what he wanted.

Now some time later, I have moved on, filed legal seperation papers and he has went to the local police department where we use to live and file a complaint that I forged his signature of the sale of our trailer. The police department called me on my cell and asked me to come 180 miles to fill out a report.

My Q.s are- is this a case of forgery?
Civil or criminal?
Should I go 180 miles to fill out a report or can I mail one to them just the same?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">