• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully terminated in wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajfreyja

I was in the hospital for a week and my employer fired me because i did't ask for the time off and it was opening week for the new store. What can i do?

J

jd

You don't provide many facts other than that you were in the hospital and then got fired. You don't say if this was an emergency hospitalization or planned. You may possibly have a claim under the Family Medical Leave Act if your company meets the required criteria to fallunder the FMLA jurisdiction and if your situation meets the factors laid out in the Act. You may want to consult with an Employment Law attorney to determine if this Act covers your employment and your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">