• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this prank considered harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erikaea

What is the name of your state? michigan- A letter was mailed anonymously to someone. the letter was a collage of pictures depicting a pregnant bride and retarded babies. The wording written on the letter was "for better or for worse". the recipient is planning on having a friend of the family fingerprint the letter so she can prove who sent it. even if the fingerprints are identifiable, can the sender get in trouble for harassment or anything else?

E

erikaea

Another Question....

If this single incident isn't considered harassment then what IS considered harassment in Michigan? Is it unwanted contact two or more times depending on the situation? Are there any federal legalties to mailing something to someone that doesn't threaten them? Let me know, thanks!

Last edited:

JETX

So, someone sent an anonymous letter with pictures of a pregnant bride and mentally 'challenged' children....
1) How is that considered threatening??
2) Did the letter say anything about this being done to someone?
3) How is this harassment, since it was only sent once (or a hundred times)? Sending a letter, even with tasteless pictures (if that is the claim) doesn't rise to the level of harassment. Simply throw them away unopened.

Sorry, but your 'incident' is simply a tasteless letter... nothing more.

E

erikaea

The letter is not threatening in any way nor was it addressed to anyone in particular.

Last edited:
N

Nyx

You are utterly pathetic. Regardless of how
wretched this woman and her acts have been,
you have sunk to her level and are no better.

Again, I have to say - Utterly, Truly Pathetic.

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

I too agree with Nyx, i mean who really has the mental problems here?? i guess unless you are sleeping with your brother-in-law , that his love life is really none of your business and while i am not advocating for revenge it would be up to him and not you wouldnt it, or are you just the kind of person that has to be in everybody elses business????? grow up and maybe this will teach you not to meddle in other peoples lives you need to grow up

JETX

Yeah, but couldn't all your 'issues' been expressed simply in words... as you have in this last post???

The point would have been direct and NOT subject to interpretation or mis-translation. Instead you decided to be immature, nasty, hateful, and downright sleazy. All in all, I think you got your point across, but it has little value because anyone can just say, "Well, it really doesn't matter what she thinks, she is sleazy, cheap, trailer-trash".

And guess what, they are correct.

E

erikaea

(I'm sorry, I accidentally deleted my last response). Yes, Halket, I could have expressed my feelings in full writing. But I'm a very creative type and chose to express my feelings through an abstract collage. I've created many pieces of artwork based on my feelings about particular subjects...abortion, beauty, love. Abstract collages are my signature, my viewpoint of life as I interpret it. I appreciate all the advice on the subject.

Beth3

You sent that picture to be hurtful and cruel, which I'm sure it was. To try to pass it off now as some sort of artistic expression on your part is absolutely ludicrous. It was an incredibly mean and mean-spirited thing to do. Trying to justify what you did as "art" is absurd.

E

erikaea

Art is an expression of emotions- it isn't always a depiction of the perfect world.

Beth3

Call it whatever you want. You were still motivated by spitefullness and cruelty. If you just wanted to express yourself through art, you would have hung it on your wall, not sent it anonymously to your victim.

E

erikaea

Well, Beth, it seems you're "quite the observant one" having picked up on the fact that I sent it to her out of dislike and disrespect. I don't believe I ever once implied that I sent it out of pure love!? Would anyone else like to argue with my motive for sending a letter to someone that I don't like? Thank you!

Last edited:

Beth3

I wouldn't even have bothered to chime in if you hadn't started slinging that baloney around that your motivation was some sort of artistic expression on your part. Puhleeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">