• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prospecting new work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PTGARRISON

My new question is how do I take back the phone calls to former clients of my old employer?
Do I send out letters of epilogue to the builders and to my former boss, or do I sit back and wait?
I have done no work as of this date.

J

Johnny B. Goode

It is hard to un-do what is already done. The most important thing is not to take any work from these former clients if they do call you. You could write to your former employer and let them know that you made a regretable mistake in contacting the former clients, apologize and assure them that you won't accept any business from them. This could defuse the situation or it could alert your former employer to the problem. That is a tough call to make. I don't think it would be advisable to contact the former clients again. That would probably cause more harm than good. The good news is that if you don't take any clients from your former employer, the employer doesn't have much in the way of damages so there would be less incentive for the employer to come after you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">