• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

noise compliants, drugs and threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Embersfire

California

My husband and I live in a house with his brother and his brothers girlfriend. The house is held in trust for my husband and his brother. Things have not been going very well and they have taking up blasting music with their speakers facing our bedroom wall. They play it so loud that we can't even watch tv or carry a conversation in our bedroom. Is there anything I can do about it considering the majority of the time it is done during the day or evening?

Also my husbands brother and his girlfriend smoke pot in the house (neither my husband or I do) when we have asked them not to. I am from Canada and live here as a permenant resident. If the police show up at the door for any reason and smell the pot can they enter the house and search it? Also can my husband and I get in any trouble for it?

And last, My husbans brother and his girlfriend have taken up threatening to have me beat up and call me names. Is there anything I can do about that?

I know the easy solution would be to move and we are doing that but our house will not be ready until september 27th and we are ready to pull our hair out. What can we do in the meanwhile?

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

well if you are moving out then theres really not much you can do - but if this stuff is really driving both you and your husband up the wall, i suggest the next time any of it happens that you report it to the cops at least then your covered ( for the pot)

E

Embersfire

re:

But my husband still owns half the house and is there anything we can do about the noise and the threats?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: re:

Embersfire said:
But my husband still owns half the house and is there anything we can do about the noise and the threats?
My response:

Move all of your stuff into storage, and then, on your last exit with boxes, kick in the speakers.

IAAL

E

Embersfire

re:

Whatt I want to know is, is there anything I can do legally?

T

TeeK58

Have your husband ask his brother to buy out his share of the house. That way, he can have the whole house to himself. You say you are moving into your own home in Sept. right?

E

Embersfire

re: TeeK58

well that is what is going to happen. My husbands part of the trust is going through court hopefully soon and he is getting compensated for his half of the house which we are using to buy the new house but the problem is that until the end of september we are stuck here with them harassing us and threating us and just making our lives hell. Can they be charged with harassment or something?

V

veryhardworker

If threats are being made you can file a protective order. But living in the same house that will not fly. You should record the threats. After you move out get a protective order.

If you can not wait till Sept. 27 then the next time they are smoking pot, call the cops. They will be aressted and you can have a good night of sleep.

Can you and your husband get in trouble for the pot? YES
It is in your house and you know of it. You really should report this. If you don't and something happens you are going down to.

Move out and rent your half to bikers and see who threatens who.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">