• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What constitutes assault and/or battery

• Thread starter dazdandconfused
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dazdandconfused

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I apologize if this gets lengthy.
There is a man who was a friend of mine for several years. We were out of touch for awhile. A few days ago he contacted me to "catch up on old times". As soon as he got there he got really strange with my roomate and I. Twice, when I left the room for a few moments he tried to touch her face and neck, and did the same to me when she left the room. Then, he said that he was feeling "vibes" from us and felt that one of us could be "the one" for him (he is married with four children), at this we told him that we had had enough and that he needed to leave. As we were seeing him to the door, my roomates two year old son came downstairs and I turned to pick him up. The child then screamed, "NO, DON"T TOUCH MY MOMMY!" I turned around in time to see her pushing him away. He then left very quickly. She said that he had grabbed her by both arms and tried to kiss her. An hour later he called my house and I answered the phone, and I explained to him how everything he had been doing was wrong, and not to call again. Well, apparently he had gotten my roomates cell number when he stepped out to use my cell phone earlier in the evening. He called her cell and left a lengthy message as to how I was trying to keep the two of them apart and left his pager number, saying that if she didn't call him back he would get the clue (this was the first time that they had ever met). Then he called 2 more times immediately after that to her cell, 3 more times to the home number and twice to my cell. Then this morning he called her cell again 5 times in 3 minutes. She then called her provider and had the number changed. This afternoon he called once from his home, and between 6pm and midnight has called seven times from his second job, and once to my office.Can we file for a TPO for harassment? And, can we file charges for assault and/or battery even though she was not actaully injured from the contact? Also, what would happen if we can file for TPO, as he now works for the same company that I do? I can't avoid him! HELP!!!

C

CombatTN88

The battery doesn't have to be injured. The example is patting on somebody's shoulder constitutes battery. If that person got injured, it is known as aggravated assault.

If job fires you based on your complaint, you can sue that company for EOCC (I think so).

Go ahead to file charges cuz that guy won't leave alone. And TRO too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">