• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent business operations...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sneakinup

What is the name of your state? Florida

My former employer, a construction company, was working on large commercial projects in excess of 5 million dollars. In this county, an occupational liscense is required, and usually needed when bidding on such projects. At one point, I was asked to scan their occupational license, and change the designation from a distribution company, to an installation company. Evidently, they were operating and doing construction with an improper license. I refused to do it, and know that someone else did the dirty deed. I do know that they operated for quite some time doing large commercial projects this way. I'm just curious as to what type of offense this is, or is it just a minor infraction. There have been other incidences of shady business practices while I was employed there, which was a major factor in my resigning.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">