• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loss of job opportunity due to negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lgw711

Tennessee
I recently applied for security screener with the T.S.A. There are two contractors involved in the applicant (candidate) screening
process. One does the electronic testing ( appitude,phycological),
and physical. Another does the medical tests. I have passed all
tests except the hearing test, and was told I must get two hearing aids, and submit another test to bring my hearing up to
standards. I did this as instructed, and faxed the results to the med. team, and spoke to one of their associates to confirm.
Since then I have not been able to get any response from either
of the two contractors. The refuse to return any messages on
their ans. machine, even though they say any call will be returned
in 24 hrs.
I have been getting the run-around for several weeks, and have finally requested help from my U.S. Congressman in my district.
He has been having the sane result as I did.
Already, there has been 200 screeners hired and began work at
the Nashville airport where I would be working.
I am considering some type of legal action if necessary, but do not know what I should or could do. I believe someone has lost my file, and are trying to cover up.
Appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Beth3

Even if someone did lose your file (which is only a guess on your part), I don't see any basis to sue. They are not obligated to hire you nor are they obligated to return your calls or give you a reason why.

If they did lose your file, it would have been easy enough for them to call you, apologize, and explain they would have to have you go through all the steps again. Even if they admitted their error, that's still not negligence.

It's more likely they have chosen not to pursue you further for some reason. As long as it's not an illegal one (your race, age, gender, national origin, etc.), then there's nothing you can do about it that I can see.

L

lgw711

Beth,
Thanks very much for your reply.
Your thinking may be on the mark, however, this is a federal job,
and carries veteran preference. I am a disabled veteran, which
according to their information are supposed to be hired first.
There is no other reason not to hire. There is nothing in my background, employment, criminal record, credit, etc. to prevent
my obtaining this job.
Thanks,

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And how do you know that someone else did not have better qualifications than you did, and was also a disabled veteran? Just because you believe you had the best credentials doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">