• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

noncompete contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joeyb27

How is it constitutional for an employer to tell its emplotees where they can and cannot work after they leave a place of business? especially when they are being prohibited from doing their life's work? Are noncompete contracts legal?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeyb27:
How is it constitutional for an employer to tell its emplotees where they can and cannot work after they leave a place of business? especially when they are being prohibited from doing their life's work? Are noncompete contracts legal?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Look at my response to "Amazed" on page 3 (Non Compete Agreement) of this Board. Then, if you have any more questions, post them here.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

joeyb27

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

Look at my response to "Amazed" on page 3 (Non Compete Agreement) of this Board. Then, if you have any more questions, post them here.

IAAL

The information from "Amazed" was helpful, thank you. From what I gathered from your response, it would be unlawful to continue to call on customers that still purchase from the previous employer. The state of employment is Maryland, is there significance to the state of employment. Do you know off hand any other cases which might pertain to this type of thing and may be helpful? Thank you for your help so far.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">