• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

purchase from website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vicinep

What is the name of your state? Texas My friend received a letter from a law firm from texas telling him that they have business records recently obtained by their office that show he purchased illegal signal theft equipment to gain unauthorized access to DTV's programming and he can either notify them by mail or my phone and agreeing to serrender the equip, execute in writing that he would never order have this equip in his position, and to pay a monetary sum to direct tv. his question is can they prove he used it to receive an illegal signal, (it wasn't an access card but a thing called an unlooper, which takes a well educated tech to assemble it, to get it to work. He was curious but, did'nt know how use it, so he disposed of it. And how can they know how much the monetary sum is if he never used it. He' afraid to notify them since it can be a way to self convict himself my suppling the dtv lawyer with the facts. (so it can be used against him).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">