• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TomOS

I answered an employment ad for an Internet company that was opening a New York office. I was promised stock options and a quarterly bonus in addition to my salary. I left a high-paying, secure job to join this company based on the promises of the CEO. Throughout the past 3 monts, the CEO made many statements regarding the longevity of the position, the expansion plans, the additional income I would be earning over the next year. Right up until Friday of last week, he ensured me (and the other employees) that our jobs were going to grow, and we would be receiving out quarterly bonus in April. This Tuesday we were informed that the company is to be acquired, and most of us (including me) were immediatly fired. The stock options we were promised were supposed to vest upon any merger/acquistion, or substantial change in ownership of the company. As soon as such an event occurred, most of us were fired. No stock options, no bonus.
Do I have any rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">