• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijana laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OlRoy

Ok im not a lawyer but i think the purpose of a law is to protect the public? Well if theres a "crime" that doesn't effect the public nor would it benifit from you being punished then does the government have a right to punish you in the name of the public?

It seems to me if you grow 1-3 marijuana plants for yourself and you smoke them in your own house. The public isn't effected AT ALL. If i was in the governments shoes i would rather someone grow there own pot than to go out on the streets and buy from a dealer "supporting terrorism" as the anti drug propaganda says.

If abortion is legal and women have the right to do that when theres a "potential" life (depending on how you look at it) then why the hell shouldnt someone be able to smoke pot? If its a addiction/health issue then why not start putting overweight people in jail? Theres more people addicted to food than pot thats for sure. They cost the tax payers more money and causes a LOT more deaths than pot smokers.

I know its not going to be legalized but thinking for yourself as a lawyer is this a unique law?

Last edited:

JETX

Possession and distribution of controlled substances is illegal. They were made illegal by passage of laws by our (society's) elected representatives (congress/senate).

If you do not agree with the laws, work to have them changed. If you disobey the laws, you are subject to punishment as described.

This forum is NOT for the discussion of whether illegal acts should be legalized, but to help to give accurate, legal advice to those that need it. There are plenty of internet sites that support your position and offer some good discussions. I suggest you take this one to them... and leave the valuable time of responders so that we can help those who really need it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">