• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can not Make Quota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

P.P.G.

What is the name of your state? IL

> I hired a salesman in March, 2002
> I Told him he had to maintain his monthly sales quota or be fired
> I did Provide him with health Insurance after six months of work

> After six months and one day, he checks into a hospital to have major surgery. He is now unable to work for the next 10 weeks.

As the employer, what rights do I have? Can this salesman be let go for not maintaining/performing his job duites?

I believe this person knew about a pre-existing condition and only took the job for the benefits.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, since he's only been with you for six months, he is not eligible for FMLA. What is your usual policy with regards to extended medical leave? If a salesman who had been with you for five years had needed ten weeks of medical leave, what would you do?

P

P.P.G.

Quota

My business is in IL.

If I had a salesman that has been with me for 5 years, I would have to imagine that he has been making his quota all this time. If he was able to continue perform for 10 weeks, I am sure that his built in repeat business customers would be able to carry him through this time.

However, a new salesman who only has six months experience, and has not "built up" any long lasting repeat customers is less likely to maintain his responsibility and be able to generate revenue for the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">