• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

firing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joey71835

firing?

what if there are others who qualify and could fill that position, but are not being forced to move. can they do that.

JETX

I can't imagine anyone who would voluntarily step forward to fill your spot when you move.

J

joey71835

i mean....there are several others in my office who could fill the position in the other office. they have not been asked to take the other job. only i have and if i dont take it they will have to let me go...

Beth3

joey, if out of a cast of thousands they have identified YOU as the person they most want to either transfer to a new position or shove out the door, they are perfectly fee to do that. Just 'cause you don't want to go or don't think it's fair, doesn't make it illegal.

The only time legalities would crop up would be if they were selecting you for the transfer BECAUSE of your age, race, religion, gender, handicap, etc. I doubt that's the case so either start packing your bags or start looking for a new job.

JETX

Guys... and Beth. I really don't know how this thread has grown to its current length with the very limited initial information. Unless my screen is missing some posts, the entire issue that I am responding to is:
"What is the name of your state? arkansas"

I then suggested that he/she remedy that situation. For some reason this has since grown to something about being replaced and being fired and illegal, etc. Am I missing something here???

Beth3

And your response was darned funny too but the rest of the thread is classified "eyes only" information. :)

Can't you see Joey's two additional posts in this thread, (somewhat) explaining the situation? His employer has told him he either accepts a transfer or they no longer have a job for him and he wants to know if they can do that. (Yup.)

JETX

Yes, I did see his 'other' threads... but I sometimes just get so peeved at people who post the same issue multiple times and then they wind up getting good advice on one post... and bad on the other.. then get too confused to figure out which or what to do.

So, when I saw this 'why me' post all by itself, I thought a little satire was appropriate.... I really had no idea that anyone would really carry his error over onto this incomplete, no-detailed post. Gee, whoda' thunk it???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">