• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit from hell problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goinup_20168

What is the name of your state?Virginia
My boyfriend's ex-wife called his credit card company. got his card reactivated and intercepted the new card that came in the mail, then proceeded to charge away!! Now the company is after him to pay since the card is in his name. Now his credit is screwed. He told them what happened and they just want their money. What does he need to do to get this out of his name? The bill is now about $6000. He talked to a lawyer who said he would charge $4000 to help him.

stephenk

Was the ex-wife on the card before the divorce? If no, then the credit card company is in trouble because there is no way they can justify allowing any person other than the main cardholder to add another person to the account.

How did the ex intercept the card if it is being sent to your boyfriend? Didnt any of the new charges show up on his bill?

Did the cc company call your boyfriend to ask about the new person being added to the card? Has your boyfriend reported the ex wife to the police for fraud and theft?

G

goinup_20168

I'm not sure about the initial application. My honey did request a copy of it. It could have been in both names???The ex was getting all of the mail at the house while my honey was at work-she was doing this while they were still in the house. He hasn't involved the cops. He told them to prove that he was the one that signed the receipt, but they copies of all of the bills-the transactions-no signatures. Mostly internet magazine subscriptions, gas, Victoria Secret, etc. He never uses credit for gas, never buys anything at Victoria's secret and has no time for magazines. He asked her Dad about paying for her and her Dad even said call the police!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">