• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misappropriation of Funds???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sls829

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I own a small business that is not going very well. I got behind on my sales taxes and the state put a lien on my business account taking what little money was in there. The problem: I had just recieved a check from a customer to do some repair work for the total of $3,000.00. The lein took all of this money and since then the customer has piced up his vehicle and took it somewhere else to have it repaired. He said to just pay him back when we get the money. We have equipment up for sale as we are going out of buisiness and are waitning to sell the equipment to pay him back. He said that was fine, then at 4:45 pm a dectective from the local police dept. called and said that if I don't pay him by tomorrow he is going to arrest me for misappropriation of funds. Is this for real? Can they really arrest me with no notice even after a verbal agreement was made that the money was to be paid in three weeks time from today? Please help me as I cannot find any info online and need help desprately.

Thanks,
CR

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">