• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son, who has same name as i mistakenly used my ss #

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

butchwe

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My son and I have the same name. He is actually jr but doesn't use it. he found my old ss card at his mothers(his has been lost) i have not lived in the house in nearly 10 years. he got 4 credit cards with my ss #. his own d.o.b. and drivers license was used and his mothers maiden name. but it was the wrong #. in any case I will not press charges against him nor his wife.(she helped him get these cards on the internet) they have paid on e off...owe 148. on one and one that is a little larger has let them resume responsibility for the account. the other they are sending50. & 60. every week or two to get it paid off. ..will everything be ok if i bring no charges?
concerned dad

HomeGuru

butchwe said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

My son and I have the same name. He is actually jr but doesn't use it. he found my old ss card at his mothers(his has been lost) i have not lived in the house in nearly 10 years. he got 4 credit cards with my ss #. his own d.o.b. and drivers license was used and his mothers maiden name. but it was the wrong #. in any case I will not press charges against him nor his wife.(she helped him get these cards on the internet) they have paid on e off...owe 148. on one and one that is a little larger has let them resume responsibility for the account. the other they are sending50. & 60. every week or two to get it paid off. ..will everything be ok if i bring no charges?
concerned dad

**A: force them to cancel all accounts, give you the cards to destroy and force them pay to pay off the balances in full. Yes, I said in full. You are aiding and abetting criminal activity. You are a softie.
From the title of your thread, you act as if this was just a casual mistake.
On the contrary concerned Dad.

Last edited:
B

butchwe

i had the credit companies know that it was not my account. they are trying hard to pay this off. i am a softie but these are my children. they have 3 of my only grand children. and they have really been upset about this. his wife has actually made herself ill. i know that this will never happen again. my son was told earlier this year, when this all started, that he may have cancer. he was off work for a while and she was not working full time at the time. they used the cards to repair a roof in their home, buy groceries, and school supplies for the kids as well as school uniforms. this has led both of them to the alter at church on sunday. they cried at the alter. they are good kids. she is going to school to become a teacher. they do a great job at raising their kids. one has a disability and they have done wonders for him. i just want to know that nothing will happen as long as i say i won't press charges.
i am the one who would have to push this, correct?

HomeGuru

butchwe said:
i had the credit companies know that it was not my account. they are trying hard to pay this off. i am a softie but these are my children. they have 3 of my only grand children. and they have really been upset about this. his wife has actually made herself ill. i know that this will never happen again. my son was told earlier this year, when this all started, that he may have cancer. he was off work for a while and she was not working full time at the time. they used the cards to repair a roof in their home, buy groceries, and school supplies for the kids as well as school uniforms. this has led both of them to the alter at church on sunday. they cried at the alter. they are good kids. she is going to school to become a teacher. they do a great job at raising their kids. one has a disability and they have done wonders for him. i just want to know that nothing will happen as long as i say i won't press charges.
i am the one who would have to push this, correct?

**A: yes, if you do nothing, no one knows. So you want to keep it just a family affair.
Next time they should go to you and just ask to borrow money.
That is to to say that no one else would press charges ie. credit card companies et. al.

B

butchwe

thank you. i want to make sure i understand what you told me.
no one else can press charges if i say no charges. i want the family back to normal. and will not be able to rest until i know. the sheriff that i spoke to told me he nor she wasn't going to be arrested. he said he spoke to her and tried to scare her a little and even told her to send a statement to him by mail as of what and how they did it. but she has a sister who works for the district attorney and she said they don't take statements through the mail that they bring you in and tape a statement when you are charged.
i didn't think anything could be done as along as i told them no. thank you... you have eased my mind. God Bless you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">