• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid parking tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brooke0818

What is the name of your state? illinois

is there a statute of limitation for the collection of out of state parking tickets. i commuted from indiana and was a citizen of indiana and got tickets in illinois. i never paid them. this was 10 years ago. can they still try to go after me for them.

racer72

There is not SOL for parking tickets. They are a very very low priority item as far as most police departments are concerned. But do not be surprised when you go to renew your drivers license one day and are refused.

H

Hammy

In NJ.. ther just had a big to do in Newark, where almost 40,000 people were advised that there licenses were suspended due to unpaid tickets. Includng parking tickets. Many dated back over 10 yrs.

And, about 8 yrs ago, my then husband had a warrant our for his arrest becsue of about $400.00 worth of unpaid tickets. They were all issued about 5-8 yrs before that.

About once a year some city in NJ pulls this. Mainly, I think, becasue no one keeps records that long.

So if NJ can do it, I am sure other states can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">