• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?harrassment? Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellny

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NY
I don't know if this constitutes harrassment or not. Background:Medical professional with a
previous conviction for poss of a forged instrument. (misdemeanor) Successfully completed rehab and now on probation without problems. My mother has a mental health history, (not sure that does or should, apply here.) I have tried to be emotionally supportive to her for as long as I could.(Years) I owe her about $230.
The issue: She was calling me at home about his money issue, leaving all these threatening messages on my machine, about that and other things. It was really starting towear on me. I put my debt to her in writing and that I should be able to pay her next month. She continued calling and even began calling my prob officer despite being told she shouldn't be calling. I changed my number to unlisted. NOW, she is calling me a t work, making threats that she will "take me down with her", calling me a liar and alluding that she will expose my conviction to my recently new employer. I am trying to lead a law abiding life, pay for my mistakes and move on. I am terrified she will cause trouble. Could this be harrassment? She is also "blackmailing" me. She wants me to see her to sign a promissory note, (I already did) or else, type of situation. I refuse to see her, she has legal probs as well and I don't want anything to do with her situations. I want to stay out of trouble or any connection with it. I REALLY cannot afford to pay her right now. Does anyone see any legal remedy? Thank you

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

well for one how long have you owed her money? two, you stated you have a job, and you still cant afford to pay anything at all? even a little at a time? it seems to me especially if she was good enough to lend you the money you should at least think about the fact that maybe she needs the money right now, so i am sure that if you are at least making the effort , then she would stop " harrassing" you

stephenk

All this hassle over $230??????????? Pay her NOW!!! Even if you cant go out to eat for 2 weeks or your cable is turned off or you cant wash your car or you cant go to the movies or you eat peanut butter sandwiches for a month. Get it!

Your mom is ill and this money is the irritant in her life that is making her drive you crazy. You know you need to pay her now, not $10 a month for 2 years.

shellny

Thank you for your opinions.
I wish though that I did have cable to turn off or money to save from entertainment, however I don't. I have $18 dollars to my name, to get me back and forth to work thru next week.

Yes, I know I need to pay her NOW, and if donor organ sales were legal that wouldn't be a problem. I am not kidding. I am eating peanut butter, almost of of jelly! Thank God I have a sense of humor.

Anyhoo, saw my officer this a.m. and she (my mother) is still calling them as well. I was advised to file charges. I am reluctant, I feel bad. But there are no buts.

And Stephen, if it wasn't the money, I can assure you, it would be something else.

Thanks for responding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">