• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Silentcrow

I just recieved a notice in the mail saying that there is a question reguarding my last request for benefits.:confused:

What happen is. i was offered a job that paid commision and required me to buy a truck for work to tow the companies machine. pending background check and drug testing the job was mine. I knew i would have no problems passing both tests. So I called the unemployment office here in IL. I told them I found a job and i should start monday. I spoke with my girlfriend later that nite and we agreed that there is no way i can afford to buy said truck for work. So I had to turn the job down. So my search continued. I did find a job the very next week. Then called unemployment and told them i found one. I recieved a letter in the mail stating that i claimed employment for the week of 9/7 ''the week i would be working if i could afford the truck''. when the computer showed i was already employed. ''because of the first phone call". I did not collect or cash a check for 9/7. How do i go about doing the right thing and setting the story straight? Just go in there and explain about the truck and not being able to afford a 3rd car payment. and that i jumped the gun on the first phone call? I'm just trying to do the right thing. any help at all would be great. Or comments from those who might have made the same mistake.

Beth3

I think your best bet is to go to the UC office and explain what happened. If they don't get it straightened out and still deny you benefits for the week, then you'll most likely have to request a hearing with the UC Division to sort it out.

S

Silentcrow

RE Unemployment

Thanks Beth. I went in there and did the stand up thing. I told them my entire story. They just changed my date oh hire to 9/9.

thanks again
:D

S

Silentcrow

It was pretty simple. I was kinda shocked it was going to be that easy.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">