• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hot Checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hddb001

What is the name of your state? texas

i had some hot checks in arkansas. they are all paid. what does that look like in my record? they were all less than $50. how will that affect my ability to qualify for some jobs? it has been two years ago. i now live in texas.

P

PaulE

Not really enough information. Having hot checks in itself is not anything that will follow you around. That is if you mean the checks got returned for insufficient funds and then you had to pay them off. On the other hand, if your talking about you were arrested for writing bad checks, that could follow you.

H

hddb001

PaulE said:
Not really enough information. Having hot checks in itself is not anything that will follow you around. That is if you mean the checks got returned for insufficient funds and then you had to pay them off. On the other hand, if your talking about you were arrested for writing bad checks, that could follow you.
I was never arrested but had to go to court. It was like a snowball effect. I couldn't catch up by paying the businesses in time. There were one or two warrants issued but I was never arrested. I went in and paid my fines and paid all the checks over a set period of time.

M

Mike101

Your best bet would be to get a history run in the state it happened and see what it says.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">