• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want my stepmom to adopt me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yella

What is the name of your state? NY

I want my stepmom to adopt me and found a website that has consent from a minor 14 years or older. If I sign this and give it to my stepmom, does that mean that I am her daughter now? I am scared that my dad will die and I will rather die too than go back to the woman who called herself a mother. Please help. :(

ellencee

Yella
The adults in your life will have to take this action for you. Please talk to your parents, your dad and your stepmom, about your wishes. I'm sure they will be willing to listen and to help if they can.
At your age, most people think about death--theirs, their parents', etc. It's part of the process of becoming an adult; it happens when your brain develops enough to comprehend such an 'abstract' idea. Mortality becomes an frequent thought process at this age.
I hope your father is not ill or that you have reason other than as I have stated on which to base your fear. If you do, please talk with your parents about this also and seek out another source such as a clergyman or school counselor.
Talk to your parents about this, OK?
Best wishes and good luck. You must have one great stepmom!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">