• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Sue????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smitty54

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am currently emplyed with a small medical company. When I started, i was told that the territory was producing $700,000 in sales. About 2 weeks after i signed on in October, the company got notice that my largest account would be quitting in December. As of January 1, 2002, I was given a sales plan that incorporated this lost account into my target foir the year. In the mean time, my company removed a piece of equipment that my customers were using out of the clear blue, and replaced it with an old, outdated POS. needless to say, most of these customers stopped using us or their volumes shrinked. I have closed 2 new accounts, the typical cycle is 6 months to a year. I have been spending my time in a state where we have no business. I just received notification of a new customer in this state, but my company has now decided not to move in there until more targets are identified. Yesterday, I was given notice that i will probably be let go within the next 2 months unless they see a bunch of business coming in. All of these factors combined make it impossible to turn it in a month. I am obviously trying to find another position, but I don't want to have to settle for a bad job, or may not find one at all. At that point I will be looking for a job with a "fired" stigma. Please let me know any ideas or recourse I may have if this happens.

Beth3

Unless you can prove that the company purposefully defrauded you during the recruiting process in order to induce you to accept the job, you have no basis to sue.

The company making bad business decisions, losing a major customer, and giving you an impossible sales target is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">