• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resisting arrest charge but having psychoprenia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mutha33

What is the name of your state? michigan
My boyfriend has phychoprenia and was reacting badly to the new medication the doctor prescribed for him. He was arrested one evening while driving his car, and the judge is trying to sentence him with two accounts of resisting arrest. Is there a clause in the system somewhere for this mental disability?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mutha33 said:
What is the name of your state? michigan
My boyfriend has phychoprenia and was reacting badly to the new medication the doctor prescribed for him. He was arrested one evening while driving his car, and the judge is trying to sentence him with two accounts of resisting arrest. Is there a clause in the system somewhere for this mental disability?

My response:

Then he shouldn't have been driving. When he originally signed his license application, he agreed that he would always be in a safe and sane condition to drive. He failed.

So, it doesn't matter that he was having a bad reaction. If he knew to use the accelerator, then he also knew to use the brake pedal. He failed again.

Hopefully, when he's behind bars, they'll give him another copy of the "Driver's Manual" to remind him of what the laws are, and what he agreed to.

Oh, and by the way, it's not "accounts" - - he's not a Certified Public Accountant. The word is "counts."

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">