• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Church Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shayrille

What is the name of your state? CT

Here's my situation, I accepted a church job as one of the paid singers, which included a certain night for rehearsals. Now they have changed the rehearsals to a different night which I can't make due to a prior obligation. I explained this to them & ask can we switch to a different night tat I can make, they refused, & now they want to let me go because I can't make rehearsals. I even turned down another church job to take this one.

Can I charge or sue the church for lost wages & actually make them pay me until I find another church job?

Thanks!:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sounds like you got the "church job" alright.

No, there's nothing you can do about it. CT is an "At-Will" employment State. So, they can fire you, or you can quit, "at will".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">