• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption - Criminal record??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skitcher

What is the name of your state? missouri

i am wondering if there is any way that someone with a misdemeanor record for child abuse can adopt. My husband and I have adopted before, 2 1/2 years ago, so we know the process for adoption, etc. my question is regarding ever being able to adopt again with this charge. We are still in the process of fighting this charge, but it was a hotline with a foster child that is NOT true, but we have made a mistake in many legal areas, mostly choosing a poor lawyer.

Any advice, would be helpful.

Thanks.

D

dorenephilpot

In Indiana, I doubt an adoption would fly under the circumstances you describe, and here we require a criminal conviction disclosure.

Your state may not, though I suspect it does.

Set up a free consultation with an attorney and find out what the laws are in your state on that issue.

Best of luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">