• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

typhoon

What is the name of your state? California

I was convicted off a misdemeanor in about 10-15 years ago, now I am applying for a postal position. Everything seem so fine until I got a letter from them "Stated that I need to explain the conviction", I was never in jail, only do community services and a three years probation.

My questions are these:

First, How long is the government "federal" willing to forgive what you do when you were a teenager.

Second, how far do they have to go to get the information" mayby 10 or 15 years". And

Lastly, Should I answer their questionair regarding the conviction, I do not know what I am convicted of. "all I know is just a misdemeanor".

Your prompt reply is very appreciated.

Typhoon

racer72

Tell them the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. The USPS know why you have a conviction, they want to know how truthful you are. Lie, and you can forget about working there. Playing dumb won't work either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">