• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bouncy, bouncy check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vicinep

What is the name of your state? Texas
Check this one out, Last week I got a call from a lawyer who is presenting Diamond Shamrock who said I bounced a 10 dollar check and he is calling to collect all charges since I'm ignoring the situation. He wants me to send him $130.00 for a ten dollar bounce check. I told him to get lost since i never received a letter from the store about it. well I did some research and found out it did bounce (a year ago). well the following week he called and asked me for my info. including my S.S number, well who is dumb enough to give out info like that on the phone so I told him to get screwed and if he likes he can give me his address and i'll send him the 10 dollars plus returned check fee. So, my question is what do you think would happed if i send the company or the lawyer the check and bounce fee to them?

H

Heather_T

Dear Bouncy, Bouncy

i would send the $10 and the returned check fee to the store. if they give you any more problems ask them to prove that they tried to inform you of the situation. they won't be able to prove that they tried to notify you and they can't do anything if you have already paid the fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">