• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

filmbuffy

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

Need to know what can be done.....

We have a neighbor that does not like us. The reason for their feelings: for 17 years they blocked access to our driveway. We asked them to stop blocking, they would not. We complained to our property managers, who in return told them to stop (several times, no less), they did not..........we got a lawyer who told them to stop or pay the consequences, they stopped! Ever since then they no likey us, we are not good neighbors.

In an attempt to "get-back" at us, our good neighbor made a complaint to the property managers of our condo regarding our feeding of the squirrels. That we alone, have increased the squirrel population in Southern New Hampshire. I have to admit, I'm sick of the pettiness and don't want to play their games any longer. I returned their pettiness by making a complaint against them; re-their excessive watering while there is a water ban in effect.

This is so stupid....but it goes on, today I returned home from work and found that the squirrel feeder had been torn down. I suspect my neighbor played a hand in the damage. I reported the damage to the home owner's associate property manager and the police. Granted the squirrel feeder could have come down on its own but the timing of this whole thing and the fact that my neighbor did not like the fact that we feed the squirrels is too much to ignore!

My neighbor has a temper! I'm afraid he may graduate from property damage to physical damage. What can be done to protect myself and my family? My family and myself are victims here, but we are victims who refuse to be pushed. If they push we are going to push back. 17 years of this, enough is enough.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Top 10 Annoying or Obnoxious Things Neighbors Do Or Say To Each Other - -

NUMBER 10: Your next-door neighbors often call to complain about the sound of your chattering teeth.

NUMBER 9: No matter how many times you move, you discover this mutha is always your neighbor.

NUMBER 8: Get an audio cassette of Steve Halket making prank debt collection phone calls to your neighbor.

NUMBER 7: You're having a perfectly good day and then suddenly, for no reason, you start thinking that IAAL is your neighbor!

NUMBER 6: Your neighbor keeps calling to ask you, "Who's that naked guy chasing my dog with a rake?"

NUMBER 5: He gets annoyed with you when you keep introducing him to strangers as, "my gay neighbor."

NUMBER 4: At least twice a week while you're asleep, your neighbor covers you with bacon grease so his dog will chew you to shreds and bury you.

NUMBER 3: He picks up leaves one at a time, dips them in nacho cheese, and eats them.

NUMBER 2: Says, "This'll just take a minute," and starts soaking your lawn with gasoline.

AND, THE NUMBER ONE Annoying or Obnoxious Thing Neighbors Do Or Say To Each Other - -

Says Berlin Wall ain't gonna have nothing on HIS wall!

IAAL

Last edited:

filmbuffy

Ok, aside from buying a big tank with a really big gun on it and pointing it at our neighbor and firing fat, happy squirrels at them....

Seriously, 9 times out 10 these things esculate into more damage and maybe even physical violence. My neighbor does have a temper....we want to know what can be done to protect ourselves.

I absolutely refuse to sit back and let these people victimize us any longer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I don't know . . . What are you willing to spend for your safety and security?

1. Dig a moat.

2. Buy surveillance cameras.

3. Train an attack dog.

4. Hire armed guards.

5. Blast music 24 hours a day.

6. Blast Adolph Hitler speeches 24 hours a day.

7. Blast Bush speeches 24 hours a day. Bore your neighbor to death.

8. Buy paint ball gun. Blast him.

9. Pour bacon grease on his walkway.

10. Set fire to his house.

Be imaginative.

IAAL

A

amc822

I've lived next to Satan for 13 years so I can sympathize. I can also tell you there is nothing that is effective and legal that you can do except move. Petty juvenile behavior does not make a good court case. You could go for a restraining order but I've found them to be useless. I know how frustrated and mad you are but the reality is your best legal option is to move.

Then there is always the big guy named Guido option.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">