• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can an employer change job desric almost completely????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NjJenn

What is the name of your state? NJ

Im a Customer Service rep. I work for a large company who took over the company i worked for 2 yrs ago. well when they came in most of us little people kept our jobs not so lucky for the managers .well in the 2 years they have been there they have added more and more job responsibilities and dont compensate the extra responsibilities they actually expect more every day it seems we get something else added. my question is can they require us to sell a certain quota of products or be fired ??? No where in my job description does it say I have to sell a certain amt or be fired. my job description says i need to offer but doesnt say i HAVE to sell a certain amt. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An employer does not even have to have a job description, legally, so there is nothing in the law to prevent him from changing the job descriptions. Fair or unfair, the law does not require that you be given additional compensation when new responsibilities are added. Nothing in the law forbids an employer from setting a quota and firing you if you don't meet it. It does not have to be in your job description to be legal.

In other words, based on your description there is nothing illegal happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">