• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tspecialk

What is the name of your state? Iowa:confused: I was fired from my job as a financal associate because I Broke a rule. The rule was one we were told to use our best judgement on. It was check cashing, the check was unemployment check for a family member which did not have an account with us. I have been there for 15 years, this rule is broke everyday by a judgement call. I have been denied unemployment which I have appealed.
I asked my supervisor for a letter of recemdation since being fired from bank does not look good. She said ok since I have been dedicated employee and hard working. She called later and said president would not let her do this since I was fired. Is this legal to do this?
thanks
tammie

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes. Employers are allowed to selectively enforce their policies as long as they do not single out people BECAUSE OF their membership in a protected class. They are not required to give you a letter of recommendation and the fact that she promised one before getting authorization to provide it does not make it illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">