• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Did Not Peform!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sandy Smith

What is the name of your state? ohio

my husband worked for a large bank in mortgage lending. he was given a $7000 draw when employment commenced. 8 months later he was asked to terminate due to non-performance. what a joke. he produced a large volume of loans, however, their processing dept was so lacking, loans were not getting closed unless he did them himself. the processors that were there, were instructed to work on loans for other (more seniority officers) thus his loans would expire before being closed. this was happening to all the new loan officers.

Now, 3 years later since he left their employment, we receive a letter from an attorney representing this bank threatening to sue us for repayment of the $7000 on the note he signed. We never heard from them prior to receiving this letter. his employment was from 11/98 to 7/99. every single person who worked for this bank at that time has since left for the same reason he left. we practically went bankrupt while he was employed there. what do we do now??? we do not have $7000! this is insane.

Beth3

You need to seek legal advice of your own.

While I have only passing familiarity with "draw against salary" arrangements, I'm not aware of any that don't require the individual to pay back any outstanding balance upon separation. Much will depend upon the terms of the agreement I presume your husband signed when he accepted employment with this company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">