• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Compete Clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Working_man

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I had a contract that I signed with a non-compete clause that says basically I can be terminated and face litigation if I violated this non-compete clause. I was terminated for violating this non-compete clause. I understand this and am okay with being fired. Basically I built a website for a company that I should not have. Question 1#: Can he legally come after me for damages to his company? Are these contracts really binding? Can he go after the company for damages (which he has threatened them with)?

I had a loan out with the company, since my former company doesn't have a lot of money, they gave me a 6 month bonus of having that loan split in half. This was a verbal agreement that three people in management knew about. When I was fired they said they were not giving me the bonus so my loan went back to the full amount owed, my last pay checks would go to the balance of this loan, along with my vacation time which they accrued. Question 2#: Can they take away this six month bonus that was given to me because of my hard work and production?

The company which I did a website for was visited by my former CEO where he proceeded to threaten them with litigation and intimidate them. He also belittled me, and made me appear to be a thief, someone who could not be trusted, and someone with financial troubles. ( I must state that I was employee of the year at my last job, and constantly complimented for my work ethic and quality of work.) Question 3#: Can I come back at him for slander, and harassing one of my clients? or should I let it go (which I would rather do)?

This company has a lot of money problems, they are not current on their software and would be blasted with piracy fines, their entire company has a lot of material stolen from the web. I also was trained to take this material and have stolen material off the web for the company. Question 4#: If it ever gets to the point where I need to come back at them for harassing my clients and threatening me with litigation, can I also be liable for priacy and fines at that company for stuff that they have or does it fall under the companies domain?

Sorry for the long question but I am tired of having this vindictive former employer ruining my life because his fragile ego was bruised when I had to go look for outside work since he was unable to pay his employees the money we deserve. (3 years without a raise.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">