• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Desperate in SD

What is the name of your state? California.
My friend stold 100k from her work. She has never been in trouble with the law ever. She is an outstanding citizen. I am worried for her and don't know what to tell her. Her work doesn't know and she is thinking of leaving the country. Please Help.

HomeGuru

Desperate in SD said:
What is the name of your state? California.
My friend stold 100k from her work. She has never been in trouble with the law ever. She is an outstanding citizen. I am worried for her and don't know what to tell her. Her work doesn't know and she is thinking of leaving the country. Please Help.

**A: what do you mean you don't know what to tell her?
How about "return the money dear."
Or:
1. Can I help you pack?
2. Do you have a drug problem?
3. Give me 20% and I'll keep quiet.
4. I didn't know gigilos were that expensive.
5. I'll pack and we can both be fugitives together.
6. Hurry up, Osama has been waiting for the money.
7. Do you have all unmarked non-seqential bills?
8. Now you can finally get that breast enlargement you always wanted.
9. I was wondering where you got that Mercedes from.
10. Now you won't need to file BK.
11. I wonder if you'll be fired?
12. I told you not to take that accounting job at Arthur Anderson.
13. Early Christmas huh?
14. Are you nuts?

And the best thing to tell your friend that ripped off $100K.
That's not the right way to play Who Wants To Be a Millionaire.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Thanks for chuckles, Homie.

Although, yours appears to be a "Top Eleven" list - - what gives with that?

IAAL

**A: Hahaha, I lost count.
Then revised to a top 15 list.
I can't compete with your outrageous Top Ten anyway.

Beth3

Desparate, your friend's work will eventually realize the money is missing. And after they do, they will also figure out your friend was the one who took it.

So she has two choices: (1) take the money and run; or (2) fess up voluntarily, throw herself on the mercy of the court to so speak, and deal with the consequences now rather than later. One way or another, she's going to pay the piper. Even if she flees and avoids prosecution, 100K won't last all that long (assuming she hasn't already spent it or gambled it away, which is likely) and being a fugitive doesn't sound real appealing.

There's no way you can protect your friend from the consequences of her actions. Nor is it your job to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">