• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my paycheck with out extra deductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Burrough812

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I was employed for approx. 2 months with this person. I quit on a moments notice due to some personal differences. When I got my last pay check stub it showed that I had several deductions that were not known by me... such as $125.00 fee for her changing the locks to her store, she states it was due to the fact for me not returning my key. Also, she stated that the register was $25.00 short and that I had $20.00 phone bill. I was never aware of any of this. Any calls that were made were for business...her business!! Anyway, my check is in the negative now.....Can I get my hard earned money back?

Beth3

Contact Mississippi's Department of Labor immediately. Most States do not allow deductions from paychecks without the employee's express authorization and some do not allow deductions for these kinds of things at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">