• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lie Detector

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ccjonsey

What is the name of your state? nevada
i work for a retail company. a few days ago, my manager noticed that one of the computer monitors and towers was missing. now she wants all key holders to take a lie detector test. can i be fired if i say no? also, if an employee has been out on medical leave, and is a keyholder, shouldn't they be included in this testing? if i am made to do the test, can i request that a specific person be there while the test is being conducted, example the ceo of the company?

Beth3

I suggest you do some on-line research on the federal Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA.) I'm not very familiar with the particulars of it (never having felt the need to have employees take lie detector tests) so I can't advise you on the particulars. I also suggest you contact your State Department of Labor to inquire whether your State has it's own version of that law. If Nevada does, the employer is required to comply with the requirements of both laws.

My State has it's own regulations regarding polygraph tests and what I do know is that the two laws combined make the employer or their agent administering these tests so restrictive so as to make it virtually pointless to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">