• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid hours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jillys925

What is the name of your state? Oregon. I was hired as admin assistant/office mgr for a very small home health co. I was hired with a verbal agreement hourly wage of $12 hr/4 hrs a day. I felt there was growth potential and willingly worked several hours.
My situation is simply this; After upholding the agreed terms of the verbal contract, the other party involved defaulted on the agreement. I have three valid witness' that are willing to back my claim. The other party (my employer) does not have any proof in either direction. I did my part and provided everything that was asked of me, and more. They have failed to pay the agreed amount and been nothing but time consumeing and un-willing to work out a compromise. It is with a heavy heart that I am even taking the potential course of legal assistance, I was hoping that it would not come to this, but on the other hand it is always good to explore every avenue of resolution.
My question is, do I or don't I have a claim worthy and beneficial to necesitate legal council? Also, are there a lot of similar claims and what were the outcomes? Further more let me state that the other party has recieved a service from me that is irreplaceable, the care for human life, not to be taken lightly or for granted. I just want what I have earned, and what is rightfully mine.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you being paid, but at a lower rate? Or are you not being paid at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">