• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Dishonesty w/ Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mugs23

What is the name of your state? Maine

Long story short (I hope): Got a job as a receptionist in an Insurance Agency. Got an offer froman Insurance Company doing what I have the brains & desire to do. Gave notice at Agency - Agency boss (after 1 week) tried to get me to stay by matchng benefits & pay of Insurance Co. Was also told during that negotiation that paid holidays for the Agency would be 10 to 12 a year. I stayed.
Asked Agency boss yesterday for list of paid holidays. He gives me a piece of yellow legal paper with 7 holidays listed on it, then promptly ran out the door & didn't come back that day.
I asked another employee who was hired a week or so after I was what HE was told - he said he was told 9 holidays. How do we right this?
Yeah - stupid - we didn't get a contract - which is the 2nd part of my question. How do I go about getting a contract from my boss now, after the fact? Is it my "legal right"? Help!!

Thanks!:confused:

Beth3

You can't get an employment contract from your boss unless he wants to give you one. You can ask of course but he is under no obligation to comply.

There are a lot of reasons why accepting a counter-offer is seldom a good idea and this is one of them. Either your boss doesn't know what he's doing or he isn't a person of integrity or both.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">