• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Being stalked and my landlord knows it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deanna Lauro

I Am Being stalked and my landlord knows it.

What is the name of your state? NJ
I have been being stalked since December 2001 by a 40 something white male mechanic, who I only know as "Mike". He is employed by my landlord who owns/operates an autobody shop located directly behind where I live/work from my house. This man has picked a$158.00 deadbolt in broad daylight in the presence of other workers, my landlord and at least two other auto body shops surrounding us. This man "Mike" has verbally threatened to rape/murder me by strangluation promising that my body will never be found, and he plans on using a very brief mental health help self-commital I underwent over a year ago to cover his tracks. I see a couselor because of all the stress this situation has me under who believes me despite my own spouses lack of emotional support. My landlord has not only bold faced lied to my husband to cover his employee's actions, but also to several law enforcement officials while incorporating the mental health help history information to back his counter claims to my stalking allegations. The likes of which he obtained mostly through the eavesdropping of his directly involved employees and my own husband's statement explaining that I believe this person Mike wishes to harm me. We are in the process of obtaining and installing surveillence equipment that will hopefully end the constant illegal visits into my home Mike makes in order to urinate on my carpeting, drapes, and various other home items any time my husband and i are away from the house. I experience consistant and daily verbal threats and insults as well as have my actions and whereabouts closely observed and updated by Mike, his fellow employees, and others who have become linked to concealing his efforts through fear for their own safety and/or prosecution(some knowingly encouraged and actually insighted Mike to continue with his acts of crime on at least four occasions that I am aware of). I have contacted a Stalking Victim's Sanctuary online for advice, and they recommend legal counsel- so I'm here asking what do you suggest I do. I have considered domestic sheltering, but fear for my safety because Mike has already threatened to follow and rape, ect wherever I go after eavesdropping an arguement between my husband and self. My own husband has asked me to leave if I insist on offically contacting law enforcement to have a file opened...out of disbelief, not wanting to create trouble without solid proof for prosecution....he too is under great added stress as we are presently undergoing separate bancruptcies because our company bills exceeded our income due to last years winter weather...we operate a home heating oil distribution business.
Sincerely a Very Sane and Disheartened, Mrs Lauro in Hamiliton NJ

UPDATE My husband has started to take my claims more seriously and says he sort of believes me(whatever that means) he has since purchased and is installing a couple hundred dollars worth of new locks for our main door and throw bolt locks for bedroom basement and bathrooms. the doors themselves aren't the toughest but at least it will buy me time in the event of an emergency and it certainly provides me with an added sense of security however small. He's also looking into how we can have an ADT system installed as well. I have yet to convince him that these threats warrant police notification but I'm working on it and counting my blessings.PLEASE anyone feel free to offer suggestions/advice/ideas? Thankx

Last edited:

K

knightmare

Deanna, I had a very close lady friend that went throught something like this before. What kind of advise do you want?? 1)Legal, 2) Illegal, 3)Revenge> causing stress in mikes's life,etc........Let me know. 4) I wont tell you to go out and hire some lawyer.It wont help anyways.

T

teague2

Is there any way for you to move to another house, city or state?

No matter who is "right" in this situation, the stress and harrassment will never be worth it.

Lisa

Beth3

I don't understand why you aren't considering moving or why haven't done so already. It certainly won't cost you more than installing all that security equipment and being out of Mike's immediate vicinity may eliminate the problem.

You may also want to consider obtaining a restraining order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">