• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arkansas Paramedic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

midsouthmedic

Overtime pay for paramedics

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I am a paramedic in Arkansas. I am non-exempt (salaried) and I work a 2 days on - 3 days off shift. I've been with the company for 4 years. My boss has recently changed from paying us weekly to paying us bi-monthly. She didn't give us any notice until after she changed it. Is she legally bound to give us more notice? Also, I think she plans to give us the the same wage on the bi-monthly basis that is equal to what we were getting every two weeks. Is that legal?

Also, she has refuses to give off time for illness. (I've worked with pneumonia two years in a row, with a sprained ankle, and a variety of other illnesses). Never taken a day off a scheduled shift. If we are sick, they have some else work for us and then we have to work a later shift for them. Is that legal?

If we are injured on the job, we are told that if we are ordered by a doctor to take time off, that they will have someone come in and work, but that we will owe that person a shift later. Is that legal?

I has swapped a shift with another employee and worked their shift. My boss then suspended that employee until after they were supposed to have worked for me and then eventually fired them. My supervisor said that I would be paid for the shift which I worked for that individual. With that information, I had to pay someone else to work that shift for me since I had non-refundable tickets for a wedding. I was never paid for that shift. Do I have any remedies that I may take?

Last of all, when it comes time to get off, if I am tied up on a medical call, am I entitled to overtime?

Thanks;

Arkansas Medic

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">