• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Define Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MBKL

What is the name of your state? Alabama
How do you define parking?

racer72

Stopping your vehicle when not controlled by a traffic device. The length of time is immaterial. We went through all this a while ago on this forum.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I define parking as stopping your car on a bluff off of Mulholland Drive, overlooking the lights of the San Fernando Valley below, with your arm around your favorite girl.

That's parking!

IAAL

racer72

mandy7181 said:
Parking means stopping your car and putting it in park. Didnt you learn that when you first got your license?

I cannot put my truck in park. It has a manual transmission. How do I park it then? The position of the transmission shifter is immaterial to the answer to the OP's question.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racer72 said:

I cannot put my truck in park. It has a manual transmission. How do I park it then? The position of the transmission shifter is immaterial to the answer to the OP's question.

My response:

Racer, I agree with you that the position of the transmission is "immaterial" to the issue. However, in a manual transmission, placing the shifter in the first gear position after the engine is shut down is the same thing as "park" in an automatic transmission.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Okay, whew!

I had a feeling you already knew that, but I was beginning to wonder!

Mandy probably has never driven a manual transmission.

IAAL

mandy7181

actually i havent. Im actually scared to. Its hard enough where i live to keep from getting in a wreck with an auto transmission the way some people drive around here

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">