• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not your run of the mill drug problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peggyp8514

What is the name of your state? I am in Ohio.

Yesterday my 19 yr old nephew was found dead at home in his bed. During the week he had been badly burned at a welding school he attended. Subsequent treatment at the local burn unit provided him with prescription pain meds-oxycotin & vicodin. On Sat. afternoon, his mother(my sister) called and asked if I had any oxycotin, his prescription was for 10 mg and it wasn't touching his pain. I do have Oxycotin, it was my mother in laws prescription (she died of cancer). I gave my sister about 20 pills, these were 40 mg., Saturday night my sister called again and said my nephew was still in alot of pain, did I have any Vicodin as he had taken all of his. Of course, I do have Vicodin, she came over and got about 20 pills of this for him. He died during the night, the pills in baggies were on his nightstand when the EMT's and police got there. We don't know how much he took as we never counted the pills out directly, my sister told the police that the bags looked as full as when I'd given them to her.

Long story short, my sister told the police how he came to have the meds with no prescription, the police came to my house to question me. I told them the whole story.

I am a 48 yr old white lady in the suburbs...no drug dealing going on here, I just never throw away any meds. The police were decent enough but told me if toxicology reports showed high levels of the drugs in his system...they would be back to talk to me further.

How much trouble am I in? We won't have a toxicology report for at least 30 days. Do I need a lawyer now? Is my sister in trouble with me? What are the consequences of all my bad decisions? (Besides the overwhelming guilt that will be with me forever.)

Bravo8

Definitely seek legal advice.

And I know you were trying to help, but stop playing pharmacist. Ever think there is a reason that your actions were illegal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">