• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicular homicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Heather_T

What is the name of your state? georgia

my husband was in an accident on july 12, 2000. it was a multicar accident caused by heavy and sudden rain fall. he was never charged with anything until july 12, 2002 when the officer incharge of the case put a warrant for his arrest and charged him with second degree vehicular homicide. has the statute of limitations run out? how can they charge him with something so serious when he wasn't under the influence or driving dangerously? please help.

racer72

2 years is well within the SOL for that crime. And if he was under the influence, he would have been charged with first degree vehicular homicide or manslaughter. He needs an attorney now.

H

Heather_T

We are getting a lawyer. I just don't see how they can say he killed her when she hit two other cars before he hit her. Thanks for the reply.

M

Mike101

I can't really say without knowing more about the accident but I can give an opinion. We have a very good system...sometimes that system does not work the way that it is supposed to and things slip through the cracks that in hindsight should never have happened. I know that this doesn't help you now but if your right just hang in there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">