• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting copy of hiring list? civil service?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

ward_jones

What is the name of your state? Maryland

In Maryland I have taken civil service exams and I have been scored for civil service jobs. In the past I was contacted by the state for a job interview. After talking on the phone the hiring manager told me that although I sounded qualified, he could not interview me because I was not high enough on the list of eligibles based on the civil service exam scores.

I was told I was 8th on the list of eligibles for the job. I think I have a higher score than 8th and since this is a state job I think I should have access to the civil service list of eligibles to see who is ahead of me on the list.

Does anyone know if I have a right to request a copy of the list of eligibles for civil service jobs in Maryland that includes names and civil service scores? I am a resident of Maryland. Is the list of eligibles to hire for Civil Service jobs in Maryland accessible to the public? How do I get a copy of the list? Thank you,

-Ward

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">