• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Videotaping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spen

I'm in California.

i suspect the neighbors of poisoning our dogs but can't prove anything. can i set up a video camera to try and tape them in the act? are there any legal ramifications to doing that?

JETX

I respectfully disagree with Racer. You can put your camera up to film ANYTHING as long as the camera itself is located on your property. Heck, you can even set it up to video your neighbors bedroom or bath.... just don't violate their legal rights to privacy in doing so.

S

spen

thank you both. it seems the law is not perfectly clear on this subject. could i pass the video onto the police, homeowners association, etc.?

M

Mike101

You could send the video to one of those video shows if you wanted. The legal ramifications if you video your neighbors doing what you think that they are doing will be that they get arrested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">