• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they change there mind??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tcorley

What is the name of your state? tn.

hi all....i am new to this site. i was wondering if someone could help me with a question...my husband and i adopted a little baby...we got her when she was 2 weeks old as a foster child..adopted her when she was 6 months old and now she is a year old...we are all she has ever known as parents...the father is not involved, he is running from the law...the birth mother keeps intouch occasionally, basically only when she needs a favor...it was an open adoption....they are both on drugs really bad...although they are not together anymore, they have went there separt ways...my question is, if i don't do these favors for her can she ever change her mind and try to take back my child? we have her birth certificate and have had her for a year now...please someone answer me, thank you all.

Seanscott

Adoptions are permanent and irrevocable.

Not only do you not have to do any favors for her, you can tell her to get lost forever if you feel like it.

She has ZERO claims or rights to YOUR child! She has as much claim to the child as I do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">