• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My foreign employer refuses to pay my back wages and the company is in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mobile

State of California.

Hello:

I was hired by a company out of US last August and was asked to relocate back to LA to open the sales office. My foreign boss emailed me within 24 hours last month telling me that my contract as a consultant will be terminated immediately effective 31st August 2002 because the sales have not been satisfactory. My ex-boss also didn't sign the contract between me and him. However, I do have his email saying that he will pay my wages as soon as possible and a letter from him ex- PA that I'm an employee of his company and how much I'm getting paid as evidence.

When I came to LA last October, I had the company registered under my ex-boss company in UK. And, later, I told him that it's best to change the ownership of the company to me since I am a US Citizen in order to get federal government contracts. We drew out a trustee agreement.

Here is my biggest problem. I haven't got paid since January till August and it's alot of money. My ex-boss had a bad reputation of not paying. Since the company is also in my name now, I have outstanding payments to pay suppliers as well.

My question is that, I'm afraid my ex-boss who is not a US Citizen will not pay my back wages and I have a family to feed at the sametime. How can I get my back wages back from my ex-boss? What if he settles for 20% of my back wages instead of paying me all my back pay? Can I sue my ex-boss eventhough he's not a US Citizen? Can I get his US Visa revoked so he cannot come to US again?

Your help is needed and appreciated.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">